Thank you for your interest in Auction for Climate Action. Data protection has a particularly high priority for us.
The use of the Auction for Climate Action website is possible without any indication of personal data.
If a data subject wishes to participate in the auction as a bidder or organization, the processing of personal data is required.
If the processing of personal data is necessary and there is no legal basis for such processing, we generally obtain the consent of the data subject.
The processing of personal data, such as the name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number of a data subject shall always be in line with the General Data Protection Regulation.
As the controller, we have implemented technical and organizational measures to ensure the most complete protection of personal data processed through this website. Nevertheless, Internet-based data transmissions can have security gaps, so that absolute protection cannot be guaranteed. For this reason, every data subject is free to transmit personal data to us by alternative means, for example by telephone.
1. Name and address of the controller
The responsible person in the sense of the DS-GVO and other provisions with data protection character is:
2. Collection of general data and information
The website of the Auction for Climate Action collects a series of general data and information with each call of the website, mostly technology-related. This general data and information is stored in the log files of the server delivering the website.
Recorded are – if available in the request by the browser used:
Browser type and version, operating system, the website with path from which an accessing system reaches our website (so-called referrer), date and time of access, IP address of the user (Internet protocol address) and other similar data and information that serve to avert danger in the event of attacks on Auction for Climate Action.
When using these general data and information, Auction for Climate Action does not draw any conclusions about the data subject.
This information is exclusively required to deliver the content of the website correctly, to ensure its permanent functionality and to provide necessary information to law enforcement authorities in the event of a cyber attack.
The anonymous data of the server log files is stored separately from any personal data provided by a data subject.
3. Deletion of personal data
Auction for Climate Action processes and stores personal data only for the period necessary to achieve the purpose of storage, taking into account applicable guidelines, regulations and laws.
If the purpose of storage no longer applies or if a prescribed storage period expires, personal data will be deleted routinely and in accordance with the statutory provisions.
4. Rights of the data subject
- Right to obtain confirmation: Each data subject shall have the right to obtain from Auction for Climate Action the confirmation of whether or not personal data concerning him or her are being processed.
- Right to information: Every data subject has the right to obtain from Auction for Climate Action, at any time and free of charge, information about the personal data stored about him or her and a copy of this information.
- Right to rectification: Any data subject has the right to request the rectification and/or completion of personal data concerning him or her without undue delay.
- Right to erasure (right to be forgotten): Any data subject shall have the right to be informed by Auction for Climate Action to request that personal data concerning them be erased without undue delay, unless there is a legal obligation to process or overriding legitimate grounds for processing and either processing is not necessary or unlawful, or consent to processing has been withdrawn.
- Right to restriction of processing: Any data subject shall have the right to obtain from Auction for Climate Action the restriction of processing unless overriding legitimate grounds exist or a legal obligation to process exists.
- Right to data portability: Each data subject shall have the right to obtain personal data concerning him or her, which has been provided by him or her to Auction for Climate Action, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
Please take into account that apart from the collection of access data to the website, there is no automated processing. This restricts the direct transfer to third parties pursuant to Art. 20 para. 1 DS-GVO.
- Right to object: Any data subject shall have the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning him or her which is carried out on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 letters e or f DS-GVO.
- Right of withdrawal: Any data subject has the right to withdraw consent to the processing of personal data at any time. .
Auction for Climate Action has integrated media from the service Instagram on this website in a manner that is as privacy compliant as possible.
Instagram is a service that allows users to share photos and videos and redistribute such content.
The operating company of the Instagram services is Facebook Ireland Ltd, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2 Ireland.
Each time an individual page of this website that displays Instagram content (posts) is called, the media (images) of these posts are obtained by the user’s browser from an Instagram system. As part of this technical process, Instagram receives information about which specific subpage of our website is visited by the data subject.
Provided that the data subject is logged in to Instagram at the same time, Instagram has the possibility to capture every call of our website by the data subject.
This information can be assigned by Instagram to the respective Instagram account of the person concerned.
Instagram can be accessed at https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388 and https://www.instagram.com/about/legal/privacy/.
6. Legal basis of processing
The legal basis for processing operations in whichAuction for Climate Action obtains consent for a specific processing purpose is Art. 6 I lit. a DS-GVO.
The legal basis for processing operations in whichAuction for Climate Action processes data for the performance of a contract is Art. 6 I lit. b DS-GVO. The same applies to data processing of pre-contractual measures, such as in the case of inquiries.
The legal basis for processing operations based on a legal obligation is Art. 6 I lit. c DS-GVO.
Processing operations based on Art. 6 I lit. f DS-GVO for the protection of a legitimate interest of Auction for Climate Action can supplement the above.
7. Duration of storage
Personal data processed by Auction for Climate Action will be routinely deleted following the respective statutory retention period, unless it is still required for the fulfillment or initiation of the contract.