Application for events
The information for artists begins with key points about the event. This is followed by general information about the process and requirements. Then you can see what the email application and the artist info sheet should contain.
If a deadline is not met, we reserve the right to let someone else move up who can send the documents straight away. The specified lead time for the event is necessary in order to be able to ask questions if necessary, to prepare everything and to be able to publish the announcement in good time before the event. For the same reasons, please read everything carefully and take this into account accordingly. It will also save you and us unnecessary effort by sending more correspondence.
Meeting place & time
Deadline e-mail application
Deadline for info sheet submission by e-mail
For applications and inquiries, please contact email@example.com. We will reply as soon as possible.
Our information and requirements:
Your own great artwork or design object to which you have the copyright. The minimum starting bid is 1/3 to approx. 1/2 of the usual retail price. So, for example, with a retail price of €500, the starting bid is between €160 and €260, depending on the estimate of what can be achieved in any case and the costs involved. The starting bid includes your financial costs and the donation (at least €100). For expenses, we would like to include 10% of the auction proceeds in this auction, but at least €20. So it will be more if the bids are higher. If your expenses are not covered by this (e.g. because it is printed or framed), please suggest something else individually. For the mixed general public, prices are probably not too high, but who knows if there will be any enthusiasts. The work should be easily transportable by public transport, i.e. not too large. There are no other restrictions on prices, materials and sizes.
Delivery, insurance and supervision/accompaniment are the responsibility of the creatives. Public
- Your own great piece of art or design object that you hold the copyright to. The minimum starting bid is 1/3 to about 1/2 as big as the usual VK price. So, for example, at a retail price of 500 €, the starting bid is between 160 and 260 €, depending on the estimate of what can be achieved in any case, and the cost. The starting bid includes your financial costs and the donation (min. 100 €). For the expenses we would like to include 10% of the auction proceeds in this auction, but in the lowest case 20 €. So it will be more in case of higher bids. If your editions are not covered by this (e.g. because it is printed or framed), please suggest individually accordingly. For the mixed general public are probably not too high prices interesting, but who knows if appropriate enthusiasts come. The work should be well transportable by public transport, so not too big. There are no other restrictions on prices, materials and sizes.
- Delivery, insurance and supervision/accompaniment are the responsibility of the creative professionals. Public transportation is strongly recommended. It will be very crowded.
- Creatives are required to be present until the still unclear end of the evening. The auction will probably take place at the end of the time slot. It should be an entertaining conclusion. Our meeting will start beforehand, so that a discussion and other small things are still possible. After the auction there will be enough time for handling, packing, photos etc., and possibly also for further exchanges.
- Also to bring: Easel or similar for presentation, business cards/flyers (up to DIN A6/DIN long), receipt for the (material) costs of the work, supplies if necessary. In addition, the printed DIN A4 information sheet incl. fastening possibility, for the presentation in advance and to give along.
- With your application you agree that your attached works/photos and your info-sheet may be published for this purpose. The same applies to recordings and films made on site. It will also be presented afterwards with links on our channels. All participating creatives come permanently in our online list of Artists and Designers .
- You post or share the announcement of your auction on your networks, just like we do.
Attachments and content in the email application:
- A jpg-photo of your work in full view cut out in the online width of 1080 pixels as an e-mail attachment.
- The following DIN A4 information sheet as a pdf file attachment about you and your work for online publication.
- The following list of questions, which you can copy out here below, pasted into the e-mail and filled in/adjusted
- Answers to these questions: 1.) How did you come up with the Open Call?
- 3.) Do you think this 10% rule of revenue for the creatives mentioned here is better for online auctions as well, or do you think it’s better that creators estimate their financial costs and receive only those, as it was before (the amount of the donation varies as a result – the average cost so far has been 9.55)?
Contents of the self-designed info note:
- A photo of yourself, name
- Website, social media
- One (to three) photo(s) of the provided work
- Possibly one (to three) other photo(s) of your work(s)
- A few key points to the short vita, to you/your work or in the text
- Some information about the work (at least: Name, year of creation, all dimensions, technique(s), materials)
- Some text about your work, your goal/intention and/or the art.
- The question list could also be part of it
The question came up why to apply for donations. There are three reasons for this:
It is to present everything uniformly nice with your info. In advance, many of the visitors will probably already inform themselves online. And also on site it should look good. The info sheet contains only some necessary facts (equal to the question list) and advertising for you. It is left extra flexible for you.
In addition, no typical hobby works should be offered and we have to make a selection in advance.
And it will surely be a super great, promotional and fun event, where probably not all good applicants will be able to participate (the exact time and number are not fixed yet, at least 1/2 hour). But if there are more applicants, we’ll try again right away for a next Hamburg auction, where the same application could be used.
If someone just wants to donate to the organizations, they are welcome to do so directly at any time. On our home page, the donation pages are linked below. If you came across it through us, feel free to write „AfCA, extra donation“ at purpose and let us know briefly. Thank you!
Please refer to the Question List & Participation Info for info on filling out the list. These are the same. The following list to be filled in shows the finished text, what will be published on the website about it, and also it’ll be shown in posts or parts of it.
The brackets should only be replaced with your information (then without brackets, please delete what is not applicable at „…/…“).
Please read the above information and the question list thoroughly beforehand and check afterwards if everything is filled in and answered. This saves time and effort by sending several emails, which may not be possible in time, depending on the number of applicants. And please copy it out here in the same way, in this formation with the emojis. Thank you very much!
(very brief description of person/work, a few words/one sentence).
🖼 Work of art/design object/or similar: („Name of the work“).
(? × ? x ? cm)
🌱 She/He would like to support the (name of organization) with the proceeds.
💸 Minimum bid (FRG), ~ 1/3 – 1/2 of the usual price: (?) €
Included: Material and packaging: (?) €
Payment options on site: cash (and ?)
Donation of at least (minimum here is 100 €) : (?, results what is left) €.
The payment options of the NGOs are at the bottom of the home page.
Possibly Facebook/LinkedIn/… : (the corresponding social media name).
🌐 (link of the website or similar)
Possible comment, if desired: (?)